Orange Cassidy is set to face a replacement opponent in the semi-finals of the AEW World Championship Eliminator Tournament tonight (November 3) following the announcement of Jon Moxley entering an impatient alcohol treatment program.
Per PWInsider, the man who is set to replace Jon Moxley will be a ‘former AEW titleholder’. PWInsider also noted that there is no plans for CM Punk to be the replacement following his tease earlier today.
The identity of which former titleholder it is set to be has not been confirmed and will not be confirmed until the show airs, but Andrew Zarian of the Mat Men podcast tweeted a gif which appears to let us know the plan.
— Andrew Zarian (@AndrewZarian) November 3, 2021
Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful also notes that AEW ‘cut it close’ with getting the replacement for Moxley to the venue for the show, as they were not previously scheduled to appear on the show.
I've heard AEW cut it close with getting the replacement in the tournament to the venue, as they weren't scheduled for the show. I'll have more on https://t.co/jy8u4a7WDa tonight
— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) November 3, 2021
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- Jey Uso Answers To Roman Reigns On WWE Raw
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- NXT Star Makes WWE Main Roster Debut