A former champion in WWE has spoken about how he has a problem with the way Vince McMahon treated his wife for her time in the company.
Husband and wife Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis were both released by WWE on April 15, 2020. This came months after Bennett had requested his release and had the request rejected, but his wife didn’t want to leave.
Speaking on the Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling podcast, two-time WWE 24/7 Champion Bennett spoke about Vince McMahon, saying:
“Vince is always nice to their face, but, some of the things he’s done lately, it is hard for me to wrap my brain around. It’s hard for me to be okay with the way he treated my wife. I asked for my release. I was ready to go. I asked for my release eight months before the pandemic happened. Do I have every right to be pissed that they didn’t release me then when I could have gone and worked somewhere or picked up another contract and then they released me when I couldn’t do that? Yes, that pissed me off. As far as getting released, I knew I was getting released. I wanted to go. My wife didn’t. We talked to them time and time again about firing me but not firing her. I wanted my release, she did not want her release. We were adamant that we were two separate talents and you should treat us differently. Not only that, but she had more experience with that company. She was there for almost six years before the second time and then three years on the second run, so that’s almost 10 years of service. To release a woman who is on maternity leave after giving 10 years to a company and then just fire her in the middle of a pandemic? I’m sorry. I think that’s a real lousy thing to do to a person.”
Bennett and Kanells have recently reemerged on the scene, with the former wrestling on UWN Primtime Live shows and more throughout this past month.
Quote via WrestlingNews.co
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite