Bop! Bang! Those are the names of Tyler Bate’s fists. Lately, they are the painful sounds his body has been making. Although he swears it’s just a twinge in his left shoulder, former WWE United Kingdom Champion, Tyler Bate, has been removed from competition in Progress Wrestling’s Super Strong Style event.
Ringside News is reporting that during a match with Kassius Ohno, Bate sustained a shoulder injury which forced him out of Progress’ SSS16 tournament. Bate would go on to defeat Ohno, but the issue was considered serious enough to sideline the 20-year-old. Progress has tweeted out a breaking news video where Tyler himself explains the problem:
— ? PROGRESS Wrestling (@ThisIs_Progress) May 7, 2018
It was a scant few months ago, as we at WrestleTalk recall, that Bate damaged his knee, forcing the tag team of Bate and Trent Seven, Mustache Mountain, out of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. This puts Bate, who soared in his WWE debut, and in the months thereafter, in a tough spot. This injury is a setback, but the reality of two injuries in such a short span begs the question, will WWE tag Bate as ‘injury prone?’
After such a hot start in WWE as the first United Kingdom Champion, and his classic match with Pete Dunne at NXT TakeOver: Chicago, it would be a shame to see less of Bate. Yet, if that’s how it should play out, we can take heart that Bate’s work on the independents looks to remain strong and frequent.
Do you want to see Tyler Bate back in WWE? Tell us why in the comments section below or on Twitter here!
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return After Reported Concussion
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- Another WWE Star Trying To Join Judgment Day
- WWE Star Reacts To Fan Jumping Barricade At Live Event