It is being reported by PWInsider that two former NXT stars are backstage at tonight’s event. The two stars are, of course, the Iiconics.
Billie Kay and Peyton Royce have disappeared from WWE programming as of late. The former WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions have not competed since November.
Whether their presence backstage means they will be appearing on the show remains to be seen. NXT has been struggling to keep up with AEW Dynamite in the ratings and the return of Charlotte Flair did not seem to make much difference.
It would be surprising if the Iiconics would make a difference in the ratings considering their treatment on the main roster but you never know what will appeal to fans. The duo was a popular gimmick in NXT and they did have a big moment at WrestleMania last year.
Are you looking forward to NXT? Let us know on Twitter!
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- WWE World Heavyweight Title Match Added To Madison Square Garden SmackDown
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023