After a lengthy absence from the wrestling spotlight former NXT & ROH star Chris Hero has made his return this past Saturday, March 4.
Captured by Grapsody’s Righteous Reg on Twitter, Hero appeared at the West Coast Best Coast event, informing the crowd that he will be taking up the role of matchmaker for the promotion.
Hero promised the fans “s**t they’d never seen before” while in the role, which looks set to include an appearance at the promotion’s next event ‘Home of the Killers’ on April 7.
Hero’s new role is the latest in a legendary career primarily on the indie-wrestling scene where he competed for promotions such as ROH, Pro-Wrestling Guerrilla, CHIKARA and CZW.
He most recently competed in WWE under the NXT and NXT UK brands before being released in April 2020.
During his time in WWE, he worked under the ring name Kassius Ohno.
Hero has been largely inactive in wrestling since his WWE release aside from working a handful of ROH shows as an agent in 2021.
The new official match maker of @WCProOfficial is @ChrisHero pic.twitter.com/gvOrm8I0KJ
— Righteous Reg (@RighteousReg) March 5, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn