On tonight’s edition of AEW Dynamite (July 20) a former WWE NXT star competed in a match for AEW, in a championship match of sorts.
The FTW Championship was on the line on AEW Dynamite as Cole Karter, formerly known as Two Dimes on WWE NXT 2.0 made his first in-ring appearance since being released.
Appearing earlier in the episode in a backstage segment, Ricky Starks dropped a WWE reference when saying that Karter “may have been sleeping with the fishes but now you’re swimming with the sharks,” also in apparent reference to Shark Week.
‘Two Dimes’ was written off of NXT 2.0 by Tony D’Angelo doing a segment on a bridge with Stacks where he made apparent reference to the duo murdering Two Dimes, saying he was “sleeping with the fishes.”
In the end, Ricky Starks emerged victorious after a competitive match between the two with Karter getting in a healthy amount of offense, including an exciting near fall.
This wasn’t actually Karter’s AEW debut as he competed in numerous Dark matches in 2020, and he even had one on Dynamite which was Anthony Ogogo’s Dynamite debut.
After the match, Starks hopped on the mic to announce he wanted to get another challenger out for the title’s open challenge, which summoned Danhausen!
Next Wednesday, the Fight for the Fallen edition of AEW Dynamite will host an FTW Championship match between Ricky Starks and Danhausen.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Released WWE Star Says He Received High Praise From The Bloodline
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release