AEW has received criticism from some fans for signing too many former WWE stars, but at this point, very few people aren’t former WWE stars, something fans of AEW have pointed out.
The criticism doesn’t seem to be deterring the wrestlers themselves, as we saw this past weekend, with Ruby Soho, Adam Cole and Daniel Bryan all joining AEW al the All Out PPV.
The latest former WWE star, or former NXT star more specifically, to show an interest in joining Tony Khan’s promotion is Jake Atlas, who revealed in an interview with Denise Salcedo that he’s “obviously” interested in joining AEW.
“I am obviously interested in going to AEW. I have not talked to Tony Khan personally. Jungle Boy is one of my best friends. I feel like for the past two years we’ve kind of had to hide our friendship a little bit because we worked for rival companies. I love him to death. I think that our story is unique and I think our story is great. I actually went incognito to watch Jungle Boy wrestle Chris Jericho when I was working with WWE. It was in Jacksonville, so I took the drive up. He’s like a brother to me and I am excited to see what can happen in the future. Jungle Boy is someone who I am always going to respect and love, and I am always gonna root for him whether we’re in the same company or we never wrestle again. He’s doing amazing things, and I know that no matter what I decide to do, in wrestling or not in wrestling, he’s going to continue to support me.”
Atlas has also revealed that he had requested his WWE release prior to being let go by the promotion.
You can check out the full interview with Jake Atlas below. While you’re there, why not give Denise’s channel a subscribe, she’s doing some fantastic work and she deserves every success.
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- WWE Talent Gets New Ring Name