Former NXT Talent Recalls Paul Heyman Saying He Was Ready For Call Up

10 months ago by Taylor Sanchez

Former NXT Talent Recalls Paul Heyman Saying He Was Ready For Call Up

A former NXT talent has recalled his time on Raw Underground, revealing that Paul Heyman had told him that he was ready for the main roster.

Last year, Arturo Ruas had several matches during Raw Underground segments. Ruas has revealed that Paul Heyman was a fan of his work while he was on NXT.

Speaking with Lucha Libre Online, Ruas recalled Heyman telling him that he was main roster-worthy. Discussing his first night on Raw, Ruas said:

“My first experience in Main Roster was when Paul Heyman was the (Executive Director) of RAW and he came down to NXT on a frequent basis to talk to us about the business. He came up to me and told me “You are ready for the Main Roster”. Time passed on and Heyman was removed from his position and we did not know what was going on, but four to six weeks later, we started to talk about RAW Underground, and then it happened.

“The only thing here is that I received a message that only has a location, a time, the arena, and the date. We had a Work App and my profile no longer said NXT, but it did say RAW, so I headed to the arena and it was RAW. Everything happened very quickly, as they did not even ask what my name was or anything. Paul Heyman spoke to me prior, but after he left the plans changed to RAW Underground. I loved doing it and I loved my time there, but it ended really quickly”

Ruas was released by WWE on June 25. He has previously confirmed that he was going to join the Diamond Mine faction on NXT before his departure.

Quote via Fightful/Luis Pulido.

To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!

Comments

Share this article with friends

Trending