Former UFC fighter Jessamyn Duke was scheduled to make her WWE NXT debut alongside Marina Shafir at a live event last month, however Shafir was the only one to debut at the show. Speculation has been circulating as to why this could be, and it appears an answer has now been found.
In the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it’s been noted that Duke is “a little hurt.” The severity of the injury appears to be rather small though, as she also recently partook in a practice match at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando. Apparently this match impressed the right people as it’s reported she did “good things.” As long as it’s not good lucha things, she won’t be stepping on Kalisto’s territory.
Some are going as far as to say that Duke is a “prodigy” of professional wrestling, and with Shafir debuting at an NXT live event, Shayna Bazsler currently holding the NXT Women’s Championship and Ronda Rousey challenging Alexa Bliss for the Raw Women’s Championship at SummerSlam, things are looking very good for the ‘Four Horsewomen’ of MMA.
These impressive individuals are being credited with a change in perception of where WWE is scouting for talent, with the belief that crossover female talent from MMA may be the way forward. So look forward to every female wrestler being an MMA fighter for the next ten years. Yay.
- WWE Vs MMA Four Horsewomen BACK ON?! Chris Jericho HELPING IMPACT! | WrestleTalk News
- Ronda Rousey Takes On The Boss & Hug Connection!
- Ronda Rousey SHOOTS On The Challenges of WWE
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Dave Meltzer Awards Latest 5.5 Star Match
- Spoiler For Planned Return On August 12 SmackDown
- Carmelo Hayes Teases Joining Returning Faction On SmackDown
- Drew McIntyre Teases Huge Change For Clash At The Castle
- Update On How Many Returns Triple H Has Planned
- Here’s Who Pitched For Goldberg To Squash Brock Lesnar At Survivor Series 2016
- Zoey Stark Worked As Backstage Producer While Out With Injury
- AEW & NWA Relationship Reportedly ‘Fine’ After Comments From Tony Khan & Billy Corgan