Former UFC fighter Paige VanZant is open to going to WWE one day.
Speaking to PopCulture, VanZant was asked about joining WWE. She said she follows the company and the door is open but isn’t sure how WWE works behind the scenes. She said:
“I am a fan, and I do follow them. Obviously, the door is open there. I love the idea of competing and being a part of their organization because they are so amazing. But I feel like the commitment there, it’s a full-time job with the athletes for the WWE. What they do is extremely amazing. It’s pure talent. But I feel like it’s a full-time job. You can’t be half in, half out. And right now, I do have to be in BKFC and combat sports. So I feel like eventually in my career, I feel like the opportunity will definitely still be there. And I feel like there’s interest on both sides, so maybe later down the road. But right now, I am focused on just bare-knuckle boxing.
“I’m not really sure how WWE works as far as behind the scenes. So I would be curious to the trajectory that they would plan for me. So I’m really open to whatever, whatever plan they would have. And I think that, obviously, if that were to happen down the road, the conversation with them, I’d be curious about how they would go, too.”
Paige VanZant left UFC after a loss to Amanda Ribas at UFC 251 in July of 2020.
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Trick Williams Breaks Silence After Title Loss To Dominik Mysterio
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Reveals WWE Backstage Reaction To AEW Switch
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- Two AEW Stars Expected To Take Time Off
- Recent WWE Surprise Was A ‘Late Creative Decision’
- John Cena Opens Up On Relationship With The Rock Following SmackDown Interaction
- VIDEO: Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) Immediate Backstage Reaction To AEW Debut
- SmackDown Star Shares Cryptic Message Amid WWE Absence