Former WWE star Aiden English has confirmed his new ring name and explained the reason why he isn’t using a rumored moniker.
Aiden English is set to appear for IMPACT and NJPW in the coming months. The former NXT Tag Team Champion took to Twitter to reveal that he will now go by his given name, Matthew Rehwoldt.
NJPW, and a number of previous reports, had referred to Rehwoldt as “Matt Morris”. Rehwoldt noted that he originally planned to use that name, tweeting:
“Btw you may see ‘Matt Morris’ on a few shows as back when I booked some things it was the name I was planning to use. But going forward I will be using my given name, bringing a touch of my true self to that on screen persona. I am The Drama King. I am Matthew Rehwoldt.”
Rehwoldt will commentate for the upcoming NJPW Resurgence US show in August.
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return After Reported Concussion
- Absent WWE Star Has First Match In Several Months
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- WWE Star Reacts To Fan Jumping Barricade At Live Event