Former WWE star Aiden English has confirmed his new ring name and explained the reason why he isn’t using a rumored moniker.
Aiden English is set to appear for IMPACT and NJPW in the coming months. The former NXT Tag Team Champion took to Twitter to reveal that he will now go by his given name, Matthew Rehwoldt.
NJPW, and a number of previous reports, had referred to Rehwoldt as “Matt Morris”. Rehwoldt noted that he originally planned to use that name, tweeting:
“Btw you may see ‘Matt Morris’ on a few shows as back when I booked some things it was the name I was planning to use. But going forward I will be using my given name, bringing a touch of my true self to that on screen persona. I am The Drama King. I am Matthew Rehwoldt.”
Rehwoldt will commentate for the upcoming NJPW Resurgence US show in August.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- X-Pac Believes Logan Paul Could Be WWE Champion Material