Speaking with UK newspaper The Metro, former AEW World Champion Jon Moxley revealed that he wanted to form a tag team with fellow former WWE star Brodie Lee (real name Jon Huber), before his tragic passing in December 2020.
During the interview, the former WWE Champion explained that he eventually wants to have a “real run” in the tag team division, and had earmarked Brodie Lee as a potential partner, thinking their styles would have “complimented each other”
“I had an idea to eventually one day – I like tag team wrestling, you know? And there’s so many great tag teams here that I wanna get to work with. ‘But it’s like, OK, I’m gonna need a suitable partner, not just any random guy. I want a full, actual good tag team run with a good partner, make a real run at having a run in this tag division.”
“The guy I was thinking about doing it with was Brodie Lee. He was a good friend, and I wrestled him so many millions of times, our styles would have complemented each other very well.”
One of the best matches on Jon Moxley’s reign as AEW World Champion came at Double or Nothing in May 2020 against Brodie Lee. The match was the final proper bout of the PPV, coming just before the Stadium Stampede.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- Top WWE Star Says Doctors ‘Aren’t Letting Them Compete’
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?
- CM Punk Shares Follow Up Message After Now-Deleted Instagram Story
- Rumor Killer On WWE Offering Insane Money To Internet Star
- WWE Hall Of Famer Thanks Tony Khan Following AEW Dynamite
- AEW Pitching Creative For Star Rumoured To Be Leaving
- AEW Star Helped Produce Incredible Kenny Omega Vs. El Hijo Del Vikingo Dream Match
- El Hijo Del Vikingo Next Match Announced By Tony Khan