Former WWE employee Michelle Donelan has been appointed the new UK Secretary of State for Education.
During a government cabinet reshuffle, the former Secretary of State for Education Nadhim Zahawi was appointed the new Chancellor of the Exchequer.
It was announced on Tuesday (July 5) that Donelan would be filling Zahawi’s previous position.
Donelan previously worked for WWE as an International Marketing Communications Manager, per her website. She was first elected as a member of Parliament in 2015, and was actually still employed by WWE when selected as a candidate for the Conservative Party in that year’s General Election.
She was re-elected into Parliament in 2017, then again in 2019.
WWE recently made several hires relating to the marketing department following Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon’s leave of absence announcement. Catherine Newman was officially named the Executive Vice President and Head of Marketing for the company on June 6.
Stephanie McMahon was later named interim CEO and Chairwoman of WWE, with Vince McMahon voluntarily stepping down amidst ‘hush pact’ allegations that you can read more about at this link.
Check out a list of every law firm that has been investigating WWE right here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other