A former WWE name has taken issue with how Bryan Danielson has been presented in AEW from a creative perspective.
Speaking on the Wrestling With Freddie podcast, Freddie Prinze Jr explained the issue he had, saying:
“Bryan Danielson has been under-serviced as far as character development and story goes. I feel like he has been under-serviced in his matches.”
Prinze Jr would go on to explain that:
“I feel like he’s lost more matches than he’s needed to lose. I feel like his motivation for wrestling hasn’t been written as well as it could be written.”
He would highlight that this has been reflected on screen, though perhaps not in the most creatively satisfying way possible, saying:
“It’s become a part of his backstage interviews, where there is a little bit of people questioning his motivation and not his toughness, so to speak, but just his reasoning and rational, and this son-of-a-bitch has had enough.”
Prinze Jr served as a WWE writer from 2008 to 2009, returning in 2010 before parting ways with the company in 2012.
Transcript from PW Mania.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Triple H ‘Not Certain’ About Finish To Huge WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring
- NJPW Star Set For AEW Dynamite Appearance?
- Update On WWE Star Being ‘Pulled’ From Raw
- Roxanne Perez Addresses NXT Absence