Former WWE ring announcer Tony Chimel recently began backstage work for All Elite Wrestling, assisting with the company’s live events and some television tapings.
Chimel appeared on the Monday Mailbag with fellow former WWE name Mike Chioda, where he discussed his new gig, and comparisons between the two company’s schedules.
“It’s a great place to work, and I love going there. I do it maybe a couple times a month or something. Tony Khan and that whole place is a great place to work for, and they’ve got a bunch of nice people, and a good product I think.”
Chimel said that he helps out with the AEW Dark and ROH television tapings in Orlando, which is taped once a month.
Comparing the schedules between the two companies, Chimel said:
“One of the great parts about it is, you know, I’m not on the road 20, 25 days a month. I can still actually get a little taste of it and not be away all that time.”
Chimel said that his AEW schedule has him wondering how he managed to adhere to the WWE schedule when he was there, though the company seems to be lightening the schedule with less house shows in recent years.
transcription via Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Courting Goldberg For AEW All In?
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing