A former backstage producer in WWE has revealed the company’s original plan for the anonymous Raw General Manager reveal.
Despite being around for over a year, everyone was underwhelmed when the GM was revealed to be Hornswoggle, and Arn Anderson addressed the angle on his latest podcast.
What was the original plan? Well, as you probably guessed… there wasn’t one. Anderson said:
“I hated it. I think it was when everyone was drawing a blank on what to do next and we were running through angles. It all stems back to having that big show, that PPV, every single month. There was never a plan for that to ever become anyone so there was no grand scheme of things either.”
Hornswoggle actually said a couple of years ago that there was a plan for him to be a mob-boss style character after the reveal but it never came to be. Speaking with Sports Illustrated in 2017, he said:
“I would love to do the whole ‘Anonymous General Manager’ storyline again. The way it was supposed to turn out was that I was supposed to be this almost mob-boss style character with this Napoleon complex, throwing his power around while running Raw. Obviously things didn’t work out that way.”
Quote via WrestlingNews.co
- Recently Departed WWE Name Signs With AEW
- Liv Morgan Throws Shade At Former WWE Star Following Nickname Controversy?
- AEW Star Turns Babyface
- Current AEW Champion Out Due To Visa Issues
- Triple H Reveals Reaction To Cody Rhodes ‘Smashing The Throne’ In AEW
- WWE Star Never Wrestling Full-Time Again
- WWE Name Expected To Join AEW Because Of Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone
- More Matches Announced For AEW Revolution 2024
- The Rock Sends Message To Cody Rhodes & His ‘Little Girlfriend’ Seth Rollins Ahead Of WWE Elimination Chamber
- CM Punk Injury Referenced By AEW Star On Dynamite