An interesting match involving a former WWE star has just been announced for the next GCW Bloodsport show in April.
Last month, Josh Barnett vs Jon Moxley was confirmed for Bloodsport 6. In a recent match announcement, another former WWE star was confirmed for the WrestleMania week show.
Chavo Guerrero Jr has been announced for the upcoming Bloodsport event. GCW took to Twitter to announce that he will face Rocky Romero in the unique match stipulation.
Reminding fans of the rest of the card, GCW tweeted:
“*BLOODSPORT UPDATE* ICYMI CHAVO GUERRERO vs ROCKY ROMERO,
Plus MOX/BARNETT, LIO/YOYA, KAY/MASHA, SHLAK/BEAST, ROYCE/COUGHLIN”
Guerrero last competed at Talk ‘N Shop-A-Mania 2 in the 12-man Lucha Libre Deathmatch last November. Romero has been active more recently, competing on NJPW Strong at the beginning of the month.
A stipulation that inspires MMA style offense, Bloodsport matches can only be won by KO or submission in a ropeless ring. Rocky Romero made his Bloodsport debut last month at Bloodsport 5, while Guerrero is yet to debut.
This show will take place on April 8, the same date as NXT UK: Prelude. Moxley vs. Barnett is a highly anticipated showdown, after Moxley had to pull out of their last scheduled clash. You can read about that match here.
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- Candice LeRae Makes WWE Return On WWE Raw
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- Changes Coming Soon To AEW Television?
- Update On AEW Rampage & WWE SmackDown Going Head To Head
- AEW Battle Of The Belts IV Air Date Revealed
- Further Evidence Of Bray Wyatt Extreme Rules Return?
- Dax Harwood Shares Heartwarming Picture With Daughter On Twitter
- CM Punk Spotted For First Time Since AEW All Out Backstage Fight (Photo)