Professional wrestling and people’s personal lives sometimes mix well and sometimes don’t. One instance where it didn’t was with Mike and Maria Kanellis last year on Raw. What makes this worse is Maria has revealed that she asked WWE not to use her personal life on television if they were going to drop the storyline. Sure enough, they used it and then dropped it.
Maria posted the tweet earlier today responding to a report of Vince McMahon belittling the Rusev Day chant. You can read more about that here. Maria said that it doesn’t surprise her and revealed her request to WWE creative.
This doesn’t surprise me. We were the most watched segments when we were doing the 24/7 storyline and Vince still pulled the rug out from under us. I begged them not to use my personal life, if they were just gonna drop the storyline. But, they did it anyways. https://t.co/pbB15lvQHA
— MariaKanellisBennett (@MariaLKanellis) August 17, 2020
“This doesn’t surprise me. We were the most watched segments when we were doing the 24/7 storyline and Vince still pulled the rug out from under us. I begged them not to use my personal life, if they were just gonna drop the storyline. But, they did it anyways.”
For those who don’t remember, Mike and Maria Kanellis were involved in a storyline centered around her pregnancy. The storyline seemed to indicate Mike wasn’t the father as Maria belittled him on Raw. Sure enough, the storyline was dropped and both stopped being featured on television.
What do you think of this story from Maria Kanellis? Let us know on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return