A former WWE star has debuted at tonight’s IMPACT Hard To Kill pay-per-view.
On the January 5 edition of IMPACT on AXS TV, Bully Ray orchestrated a vicious attack on IMPACT authority figure Scott D’Amore.
The following week, Gail Kim announced that IMPACT Wrestling was naming a Director of Authority to take D’Amore’s place until he returns.
During tonight’s Hard To Kill event, Moose cheated by using a low blow to defeat Joe Hendry to win the Digital Media Championship.
However, this win didn’t stand as the new Director of Authority was revealed to be former WWE star Santino Marella.
Marella made the decision to restart the bout and Joe Hendry went on to defeat Moose to retain the title.
For those wondering how Santino is able to use his WWE name, the company somehow allowed the trademark on the character to lapse, which allowed IMPACT’s parent company Anthem Media to file for it themselves on December 19, 2022.
We will have further updates and breaking news from IMPACT Hard To Kill when they become available.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance