Mark Henry has recently spoken about his desire to step back into the ring for one more match to put over younger talent, and the former World Champion is seemingly getting into shape ahead of a big return.
While speaking with the Hall of Fame podcast hosted by Booker T, Mark Henry revealed that he has lost 80lbs ahead of a return to the ring, and explained why he wants to wrestle again:
“There’s a lot of kids that didn’t get to see me wrestle. They only saw me on YouTube. It’s been enough time that has passed. Also, I quit before I had a last match, before I waved at everybody and said, ‘Ok. I had the pink jacket on. I’m sorry I lied to you all that I was leaving and retiring. I own it”.
“But, I did not get that match where you go and pay tribute to the fans and you go and you wrestle somebody that’s up and coming that’s talented and you give them, what we call, the rub. I didn’t do that, and I feel guilty. That’s why I’m doing it. I figure that I’m going to wait until I’m 50 so the expectation is lower. At 50, they don’t expect me to go out there and have a 20 minute, five star match, just to be honest (Henry laughs). I’m telling you that right now. Listen, I’m going to go out there in really good shape. I’m already 80 pounds lighter than I was when I had my last match. I’m going to be in really good shape. It’s going to take a good man to beat me, but it might not take him long.”
If Mark Henry does return, there is no word on who he is going to face. However, Henry has teased a match with NXT UK Champion WALTER, so that match is certainly one that WWE could consider.
Thanks to WrestlingNews.co for the transcription.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’
- Unused Jeff Hardy SVR 2010 Road to WrestleMania Story Outlines