WrestleMania 40 is set to be held next year in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, a city that has a lot of history with wrestling.
Philly is well known or being the home of Extreme Championship Wrestling, and so many fans are hoping for ECW representation at the show, most specifically the Hall of Fame ceremony.
There are many former ECW names who could receive the honor of an induction in Philly, and one name who said he is hoping to receive the honor is Tommy Dreamer.
The Hardcore Icon recently spoke to PWMania, where he was asked about potentially being honored during next year’s ceremony in Philadelphia.
“Any Hall of Fame is an honor. Would love to, absolutely. It’s a great honor to be recognized for your body of work. Hey, WrestleMania, is in Philly. I would love it.
“If it doesn’t happen, not going to be devastated. When you have love-appreciation, and by your peers, that’s as good as well. The other part of it is the Hall of Fame is a show. It does mean a lot, though. To answer your question, yes.”
Dreamer is currently at war with fellow former ECW star Bully Ray in IMPACT Wrestling, with the two men set to go to ‘Hardcore War’ with their respective teams at the upcoming Rebellion event.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- AEW Star Says He’s Been Dealing With Torn Triceps, But Now He’s Back
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- WWE Star’s First Match In Nine Months Announced