Along with CM Punk and Dean Ambrose (now Jon Moxley), Jack Swagger was one former WWE stars who was rumoured to be joining All Elite Wrestling when the company was announced in early 2019.
Jon Moxley has obviously joined AEW’s ranks since, debuting at Double or Nothing back in May by attacking Kenny Omega.
CM Punk, on the other hand, will reportedly likely receive an offer from WWE after a few tryouts last week to become the co-host of the new FS1 studio show, WWE Backstage.
That leaves Jack Swagger, who Sports Illustrated have claimed might be being saved as a surprise for All Elite Wrestling’s TV debut on TNT this week.
“In other wrestling news, a potential surprise for AEW’s premiere on TNT, Sports Illustrated has learned, is Jake Hager, better known from his WWE run as Jack Swagger. An ardent Trump supporter and legitimate big guy, Hager would fit in nicely as a villain for the promotion. He would also add depth to the card, and his work in Bellator MMA could have crossover appeal for AEW.”
As Sports Illustrated’s initial report states, Jack Swagger’s recent work in MMA would make him an ideal signing for AEW, and would help give the promotion a more sports-like feel.
Make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for the latest on this story.
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?
- WWE Stars Announce Engagement (Photos)
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- Sami Zayn Reacts To Emotional Video Of Top WWE Star From Night Of Champions
- DNA Test Proves Wrestling Legend Is Not The Father Of Current Congresswoman
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired