‘Brood Edge’ made a return appearance at WrestleMania 39, when the WWE Hall of Famer paid homage to his former stable ahead of his Hell In A Cell clash with the ‘Demon’ Finn Balor.
Despite being dubbed ‘Brood Edge’, Edge didn’t use the group’s iconic music, nor was there an appearance from former WWE star Gangrel, despite him being present in Los Angeles.
In his appearance on Reffin’ It Up with Brian Hebner, Gangrel was asked about whether or not he was contacted for an appearance on the show.
“They may have discussed it, but my phone never rang. I started reading all the stuff, people were calling me, so I wrote Adam [Edge], ‘Do you know this started?’ He made a joke, ‘these writers think they know everything.’ I laughed. I tried to tell a guy to tell them, ‘No, I wasn’t doing it,’ but he still ran the story anyway.
“He goes, ‘To be fair, it was pitched, it just never happened.’ It was pitched, but I never heard about it. I didn’t know anything about it. They never reached out to me. I guess, Edge is always pitching something for me. I think pitched SummerSlam for me, but it got shot down.”
Edge had previously used a Brood tribute entrance at SummerSlam in 2021 for his match against Seth Rollins.
transcription via Fightful
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- WWE Tag Team Makes Raw Debut Against Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler
- Roman Reigns 1000-Day Celebration SmackDown Draws Incredible Viewership Numbers