Former WWE star Kalisto (Samuray Del Sol) was reportedly backstage at several NXT live events back in November 2022.
Kalisto coached at the WWE Performance Center that week, and served as the producer for several women’s matches at that Friday’s live event.
Speaking to Renee Paquette on The Sessions, Kalisto confirmed his recent opportunity to produce for NXT, as well as what he learned from the experience.
“I got an opportunity to train as a coach on NXT. Seeing that view from that side, I learned a lot more. I produced two matches. It was great. Me, Terry Taylor, and Norman (Smiley) as producers. From that view, and producing a match, it was great. I learned so much.
“I’m a hands-on person. So when I was in there, I like showing the moves and bumping for them. The stuff they’re doing now, it’s great. Being on that side of the producing team, it made me realize that if I was producing myself, I would be like, ‘Be more happy, jump, do something on this time. Lucha, lucha, right time.’ I would correct myself and my timings from the beginning to the end. I would critique myself and see my own self back when I started at NXT and be like, ‘Don’t be nervous.’ I would say to myself, ‘More character.’ I was screaming, I lost my voice the whole time. I was really excited to work with everybody in NXT.”
During his appearance, Kalisto spoke about the backstage heat he received in AEW following a tweet about the late Brodie Lee.
transcription via Fightful
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?
- WWE Faction To Add New Members Soon?