Former WWE star Kalisto has opened up about regretting not pitching his idea for a mask vs. mask match with Rey Mysterio to Vince McMahon.
Speaking with Chris Van Vliet, Kalisto said he got the blessings of everyone involved but never went to Vince McMahon with the idea. He said:
“My biggest regret is not pitching my idea to Vince. Pretty much the whole world knew except for Vince. [I wanted to do] a mask vs. mask match against Rey Mysterio. I had Rey’s blessing, Dominik’s blessing, everyone’s. They all loved it. I showed it to Paul Heyman too. Paul said ‘This is genius, do it.’ I was like let’s do this! It’s just such a good story, it’s my biggest regret not talking to Vince about it. Right before I was going to, I got released.
“I was prepared for anything, I had such a great story that nobody would have expected. So for Paul Heyman to say that’s genius, I got something. The writers, everyone loved it. I even showed it to Daniel Bryan and Edge, they loved it. But it’s my own fault. I should have gone [to Vince].”
Kalisto was one of the many WWE stars released by the promotion on April 15, 2021.
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- AEW’s Saraya Says Ring Gear Collection Has Gone Missing
- Popular AEW Star Stepping Away From Indie Wrestling
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE