While the majority of WWE stars pay for their own gear, and are therefore able to personalise it, it seems there is still a Vince McMahon approval process.
During an appearance on Sitting Ringside, former WWE star Matt Cardona (Zack Ryder) discussed a strange story about a time that Vince refused to approve the gear of another former star, Curt Hawkins.
“Hawkins [Brian Myers] also had to politic — there’s this weird rule where you have to like present your gear that you’re gonna wear at WrestleMania and for some reason, Vince [McMahon] said he couldn’t wear it. So, Brian wanted to politic to get him to allow him to wear it which he did.”
That takes a lot of balls. Getting a no from Vince McMahon, refusing to hear it and then changing his mind. All I can say is, well done Curt Hawkins.
Hawkins and Ryder were both released in 2020, and both are currently wrestling for IMPACT.
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- WWE Changes Ludwig Kaiser’s Name For Second Time This Week
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- WWE Locker Room Against Sasha Banks But Not Naomi After Walkout Controversy?
- Queen Zelina Injured, Timeline For Return Revealed
- Jake Paul Hunting For A Former WWE Heavyweight For Next Pay-Per-View
- AEW Star Leyla Hirsch Undergoes ACL Surgery