Everyone’s in-ring career comes to an end at some point. However, for Ring of Honor star Maria Kanellis, that time may have already passed.
Kanellis was asked if she was ever going to wrestle again earlier today on Twitter. She responded saying probably not and that it is not about her but rather the future and potential for others. Here is the tweet:
Probably not. It’s not about me. It’s about the future. The potential. https://t.co/zgOJ5c907B
— MariaKanellisBennett (@MariaLKanellis) April 26, 2021
Maria Kanellis and her husband Mike Bennett were released by WWE in April 2020. They both returned to Ring of Honor later in the year where they continue to perform.
Aside from 24/7 Championship tomfoolery, Maria’s last sanctioned match was the infamous mixed tag that saw her and Mike lose to Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins. This was the segment where Maria announced she was pregnant and berated Mike for not being a man. Charming stuff, really.
Maria has been wrestling since 2004, however, her matches have been much more sporadic since being released by WWE in 2010. She has competed for high-profile promotions like IMPACT, ROH, and New Japan Pro Wrestling during that time.
If Maria has wrestled her last match we here at WrestleTalk wish her all the best.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- IYO SKY Discusses Hardships That Almost Led To WWE Departure