Everyone’s in-ring career comes to an end at some point. However, for Ring of Honor star Maria Kanellis, that time may have already passed.
Kanellis was asked if she was ever going to wrestle again earlier today on Twitter. She responded saying probably not and that it is not about her but rather the future and potential for others. Here is the tweet:
Probably not. It’s not about me. It’s about the future. The potential. https://t.co/zgOJ5c907B
— MariaKanellisBennett (@MariaLKanellis) April 26, 2021
Maria Kanellis and her husband Mike Bennett were released by WWE in April 2020. They both returned to Ring of Honor later in the year where they continue to perform.
Aside from 24/7 Championship tomfoolery, Maria’s last sanctioned match was the infamous mixed tag that saw her and Mike lose to Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins. This was the segment where Maria announced she was pregnant and berated Mike for not being a man. Charming stuff, really.
Maria has been wrestling since 2004, however, her matches have been much more sporadic since being released by WWE in 2010. She has competed for high-profile promotions like IMPACT, ROH, and New Japan Pro Wrestling during that time.
If Maria has wrestled her last match we here at WrestleTalk wish her all the best.
- MJF Return Speculation Runs Rampant After AEW Dynamite
- Latest On Kenny Omega Absence Ahead Of Potential AEW Return
- Chris Jericho Calls Vince McMahon ‘A Once In A Generation Genius’
- Report: ‘Nobody Knew’ CM Punk Would Call Out Adam Page, ‘A Lot Of Reality To It’
- Update On Johnny Gargano Following WWE Return Rumors
- Mickie James Unsure About Her Wrestling Future
- AEW Rampage Spoilers: Claudio Castagnoli Issues A Challenge, Championship Matches & Brutal Attack
- Update On CM Punk Injury Status Following AEW Return
- Jack Evans Would Love To Return To AEW
- Kenny Omega Addresses Fans After Return On AEW Dynamite