Speaking with Chris Van Vliet, Chris Adonis (formerly Chris Masters) has spoken about WWE considering a feud between him and John Cena, explaining why the feud didn’t come to fruition.
Chris Masters noted that he thinks John Cena may have actually turned down the feud while the pair were both working for WWE:
“I know they were considering Cena and me for an angle. I think probably looking back, if anything, I think Cena might have shot that down. I don’t think Cena was too happy working with me around that time.”
The former WWE Superstar speculated that Cena may have not been interested in facing him because he was pretty inexperienced at the time, but said that he couldn’t be 100% certain.
- Jerry Lawler Hospitalized After Medical Episode
- Cody Rhodes Addresses Ricky Starks Being Backstage At WWE Royal Rumble
- Dustin Rhodes To Join Cody Rhodes At WrestleMania 39?
- Top AEW Stars Hint At Leaving The Company?
- Dustin Rhodes Comments After Emotional Cody Rhodes/Paul Heyman WWE Raw Segment
- WWE Hall Of Famer Announces In-Ring Retirement
- WWE Announces Date & Location For SummerSlam 2023
- WWE 2K23 Creative Director Addresses Competition In AEW Fight Forever
- AEW Star Debuts New Shaven-Headed Look
- Popular AEW Star Calls MJF ‘A Real Piece Of S**t’