Michael Jones, better known to wrestling fans as Virgil, has announced that he has been diagnosed with stage 2 colon cancer, and has asked fans for financial support to help pay for his medical bills.
On Twitter, Jones wrote the following:
“It’s really s**tty right now. Too make things worse I now have stage 2 colon cancer. I am a fighter but need your help. I cannot afford any of the medical bills and would love your support.”
In April, Jones noted that his doctor had identified several health issues, revealing that he has dementia, and had suffered two strokes.
Jones is best known for his stint at the Million Dollar Man’s personal assistant in the late 1980s. The wrestling veteran worked for WWE for 8 years, before joining WCW in 1996.
Our thoughts are with Jones at this time, and we wish him the very best.
A link to Virgil’s PayPal donation page can be found in his tweet below:
It’s really shitty right now. Too make things worse I know have stage 2 colon cancer. I am a fighter but need your help. I cannot afford any of the medical bills and would love your support. https://t.co/PG7VkpQWxP love you guys pic.twitter.com/6EF1YzT7Ai
— Virgil (@TheRealVirgil) May 14, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- What Bandido Was Wearing On AEW Dynamite Explained
- Bryan Danielson Shares Warning For Retired Star Amid In-Ring Return Rumors
- Tony Khan Provides Latest On Potential AEW Streaming Deal
- Top WWE Raw Star Advertised For June 2 SmackDown Show
- Major Athlete Set For Appearance At WWE SummerSlam?
- CM Punk AEW Return Date Announced By Tony Khan