Michael Jones, better known to wrestling fans as Virgil, has announced that he has been diagnosed with stage 2 colon cancer, and has asked fans for financial support to help pay for his medical bills.
On Twitter, Jones wrote the following:
“It’s really s**tty right now. Too make things worse I now have stage 2 colon cancer. I am a fighter but need your help. I cannot afford any of the medical bills and would love your support.”
In April, Jones noted that his doctor had identified several health issues, revealing that he has dementia, and had suffered two strokes.
Jones is best known for his stint at the Million Dollar Man’s personal assistant in the late 1980s. The wrestling veteran worked for WWE for 8 years, before joining WCW in 1996.
Our thoughts are with Jones at this time, and we wish him the very best.
A link to Virgil’s PayPal donation page can be found in his tweet below:
It’s really shitty right now. Too make things worse I know have stage 2 colon cancer. I am a fighter but need your help. I cannot afford any of the medical bills and would love your support. https://t.co/PG7VkpQWxP love you guys pic.twitter.com/6EF1YzT7Ai
— Virgil (@TheRealVirgil) May 14, 2022
- WATCH Fight Break Out Between Fan And Wrestler Joe Black At Independent Show
- IMPACT Wrestling Taping SPOILERS & A Famous Faction Returns
- William Regal Compares Putting Over AEW Star Danhausen To Past WWE Comedy
- PROGRESS World Championship Declared Vacant at Chapter 134 Event
- AEW Dark: Elevation Stacked Card Includes ROH Women’s Championship Match
- NXT Tag Team Titles Match For In Your House Event Announced
- PROGRESS 134: No Mountain High Enough SPOILERS – Major Challenge Issued For Strong Style Weekend
- Reason Behind Chris Jericho Keeping Judas After His Heel Turn Revealed
- NJPW Capital Collision Results: New IWGP United States Champion & AEW Stars Appear
- Paige Has A Suggestion For Ronda Rousey