Matt Cardona, formerly known as Zack Ryder, was one of WWE’s April releases and has wrestled one match in AEW since.
Speaking with Wrestling Inc, Cardona said:
“It’s no surprise I’m good friends with Cody, and it’s no surprise that he has a little stroke in the company. So it’s kind of like a perfect fit. You see online that I haven’t signed a long-term thing, and that’s true, but I’m not there to just get a new t-shirt on ShopAEW.com. I want to win championships. I want to be on Dynamite every week. I want to be on the PPVs. So right now, we haven’t come to a long-term agreement, but that’s certainly my plan to be there long term.
“It’s just something that we got on a week-by-week thing for now, and hopefully, soon, we have something more long-term. And that’s really it. So right now, I don’t think there’s a rush. I don’t plan on going anywhere right now. I’m living my life, especially now, day-by-day, week-by-week. So we’ll see what happens, but I’m super excited for the future. I got two shirts on ShopAEW.com. What is with Cody, which is pretty ridiculous, when they sent me the shirt, I LOL’d. I thought it was a joke, and it was actually on the site. This is great. I need one.”
Cardona’s only match to date in AEW was on the August 5 episode of Dynamite when he and Cody beat Alex Reynolds and John Silver in a tag team match.
Speaking of Cody, it’s being reported that he’s going to be off TV for an “extended period”. You can find more details on that at this link.
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Nikkita Lyons Provides Injury Update After Being Pulled From NXT 2.0
- Update On How Long Stephanie McMahon Will Be Away From WWE
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Men’s Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Final Set For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Paul London Says He Was ‘Shut Down Immediately’ When Reaching Out About AEW Role