On her 50 Shades of Green podcast, Chelsea Green revealed that she was told by WWE that she would only be signed to the company if Peyton Royce and Billie Kay failed their WWE medicals.
According to Green, WWE told her that because she looked so similar to The IIconics, the company would only sign her if the Australian duo failed their medicals.
“These girls have been my ride-or-dies, especially throughout my time in WWE. Funny story, actually, I was told that I would only get a job at NXT if Cass and Jess, aka The IIconics, didn’t pass their medicals because the three of us look so similar. Which, I actually love now. I think it’s such a compliment. Jokes on them, because they still hired me, right?”
This seemingly ended up just being an empty threat, as despite The IIconics seemingly passing their medicals, WWE higher-ups still decided to hire Chelsea Green in 2018.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
Thanks to Fightful for the transcription.
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Another WWE Star Qualifies For Money In The Bank Ladder Match
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?