On her 50 Shades of Green podcast, Chelsea Green revealed that she was told by WWE that she would only be signed to the company if Peyton Royce and Billie Kay failed their WWE medicals.
According to Green, WWE told her that because she looked so similar to The IIconics, the company would only sign her if the Australian duo failed their medicals.
“These girls have been my ride-or-dies, especially throughout my time in WWE. Funny story, actually, I was told that I would only get a job at NXT if Cass and Jess, aka The IIconics, didn’t pass their medicals because the three of us look so similar. Which, I actually love now. I think it’s such a compliment. Jokes on them, because they still hired me, right?”
This seemingly ended up just being an empty threat, as despite The IIconics seemingly passing their medicals, WWE higher-ups still decided to hire Chelsea Green in 2018.
Thanks to Fightful for the transcription.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- LIVE RESULTS – AEW Dynamite – May 25, 2022
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’
- Unused Jeff Hardy SVR 2010 Road to WrestleMania Story Outlines