A new report has indicated that Ring of Honor (ROH) has some surprises in store for the future, after reportedly contacting former WWE talents.
According to Fightful Select (subscription required), ROH has reached out to “multiple” former WWE stars. ROH reportedly have a deal in place with one to appear for the promotion imminently. ROH reportedly has at least one “surprise” for fans in the coming week.
The report also noted that ROH have been contacting performers for their revamped women’s division. During tonight’s (July 11) Best in the World show, Maria Kanellis will unveil the ROH Women’s Championship Tournament bracket. There is a possibility that a former WWE star could be announced for the tournament.
In the last few months, a large number of WWE performers were released. Malakai Black (Aleister Black) was able to sign with AEW a month after his WWE departure as he only had a 30 day non-compete clause.
It was previously reported that some former WWE stars had requested to forgo their non-compete clauses. Because of these requests, ROH could well and truly surprise us with a major acquisition announcement, possibly tonight.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Konnan Picks Winner of Dominik vs Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Match
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- WWE Hall Of Famer To Appear On WWE Programming The Night Before WrestleMania?
- Major WWE Name Denies Having Issues With CM Punk