Many former WWE stars have made their way over to AEW in recent years, including both wrestlers and behind the scenes talent.
There are several veteran names behind the scenes in AEW, including Arn Anderson, Billy Gunn and Jim Ross, and Tony Khan may have reached out to another.
Speaking on his Story Time With Dutch Mantell podcast, former WWE manager Dutch Mantell claimed that Tony Khan reached out to him ‘about six months ago’.
Dutch believes that Khan was seeing if he wanted a role in AEW, which he said would have to be done remotely.
“Tony Khan called me one time about six months ago and wanted to know how I was doing. I told him fine. I think he was kind of fishing around if I wanted to take any kind of role with AEW. Physically, I couldn’t do it because I have mobility problems, but virtually I could, but virtually only works and that position only works if people listen to you.”
AEW is set to launch it’s Collision show tonight (June 17), featuring the return of CM Punk to the company.
transcription via WrestlingNews.co
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Ex-WWE Star Edge (Adam Copeland) Joins AEW At WrestleDream 2023
- Jon Moxley Fined By AEW
- WWE Backstage Reaction To Edge (Adam Copeland) Departure & AEW Debut
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Explains Why He Left WWE To Join AEW
- Injured AEW Star Removed From Match At WrestleDream 2023
- Christian Cage Comments On Edge (Adam Copeland) Joining AEW
- Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Debut Match Opponent & Date Announced
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Expected To ‘Fill The Gap’ CM Punk Left In AEW?
- MJF Addresses Jay White AEW Attack Rumors
- Why Edge (Adam Copeland) Can Use ‘Metalingus’ WWE Theme In AEW