It might have been the first big show of 2021, but wrestling companies across the world will be hard-pressed to put on a better wrestling event than the NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15 shows that took place earlier this week.
In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer revealed his star ratings for both night’s of NJPW action, with four matches being awarded five stars or more across the two nights:
- New Japan Rumble – 1.75
- Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Phantasmo – 4
- Guerillas of Destiny vs. Dangerous Tekkers – 3.5
- KENTA vs. Satoshi Kojima – 3.75
- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Great O’Khan – 3.75
- Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay – 5.25
- Kota Ibushi vs. Tetsuya Naito – 5
- Toru Yano vs. Bad Luck Fale vs. Chase Owens vs. Bushi – 1.75
- Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi – 3.25
- Shingo Takagi vs. Jeff Cobb – 5
- Sanada vs. Evil – 4.25
- Hiromu Takahashi vs. Taiji Ishimori – 4.75
- Kota Ibushi vs. Jay White – 5.25
These weren’t the only five star ratings that Meltzer awarded in the Newsletter this week, with a match from AEW Dynamite which Meltzer called the best in the show’s history being given the recognition.