NXT has already had two live shows on the USA Network, but it’s fair to say that the real work starts next week, as it is the first time NXT and AEW will go head to head.
WWE’s developmental brand is doing everything in its power to stack the card as much as possible, and three title matches have already been announced.
Matt Riddle defeated Killian Dain last night to earn a shot at Adam Cole and his NXT Championship.
Candice LeRae will take on Shayna Baslzer for the NXT Women’s Championship, and main roster stars The Street Profits will return to NXT to try and win the NXT tag titles back from The Undisputed Era.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that he had been told there would be four title matches on the card, meaning we should probably expect to see Roderick Strong defend his North American Championship too.
“I was told that they were going to do four, but they’ve only announced three.”
The most obvious choice for an opponent for Strong would be the man he defeated for the title last week, the Velveteen Dream. But, as WWE apparently doesn’t do automatic rematches anymore, perhaps it’ll be an open challenge of sorts.
It has also been reported, and outright shouted by Mauro Ranallo on NXT commentary, that next week’s show will have “limited commercial interruption”, presumably so WWE can get the most out of its matches now that its going up against AEW.
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn