There aren’t too many mistakes you can make while trying to spell Mojo Rawley. Maybe you could miss out the e in Rawley or something, but I’d argue it’s a fairly simple name.
Not for FOX apparently.
They decided to spell it Sammy Zane.
There are no words.
Both Mojo Rawley and Sami Zayn responded to the error on Twitter:
— Sami Zayn (@SamiZayn) October 5, 2019
The NHL also made a similar error recently, referring to current AEW World Champion Chris Jericho as a “WWE Superstar”:
Chris Jericho “WWE Superstar” pic.twitter.com/ghduoi85dS
— Turnbuckle Topics 🎙 (@TT_4You) October 4, 2019
Wrestling is a bit mental, and while confusion like this is fairly comedic, it doesn’t exactly help the transition into the mainstream eye.
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- WWE Changes Ludwig Kaiser’s Name For Second Time This Week
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- WWE Locker Room Against Sasha Banks But Not Naomi After Walkout Controversy?
- Queen Zelina Injured, Timeline For Return Revealed
- Jake Paul Hunting For A Former WWE Heavyweight For Next Pay-Per-View
- AEW Star Leyla Hirsch Undergoes ACL Surgery