There aren’t too many mistakes you can make while trying to spell Mojo Rawley. Maybe you could miss out the e in Rawley or something, but I’d argue it’s a fairly simple name.
Not for FOX apparently.
They decided to spell it Sammy Zane.
There are no words.
Both Mojo Rawley and Sami Zayn responded to the error on Twitter:
.@WWEonFOX & I are off to a rocky start. https://t.co/2OmuPNXadZ
— Sami Zayn (@SamiZayn) October 5, 2019
The NHL also made a similar error recently, referring to current AEW World Champion Chris Jericho as a “WWE Superstar”:
Chris Jericho “WWE Superstar” pic.twitter.com/ghduoi85dS
— Turnbuckle Topics ? (@TT_4You) October 4, 2019
Wrestling is a bit mental, and while confusion like this is fairly comedic, it doesn’t exactly help the transition into the mainstream eye.
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?