It seems pretty much a given that AEW will debut its weekly show on Wednesday, October 2, 2019.
AEW applied for the trademark “Wednesday Night Dynamite” earlier this month, and Dave Meltzer has said October 2 has been “pencilled in” as the start date for weekly TV.
Unsurprisingly, this is the same week that SmackDown Live will start airing on FOX, and it seems that WWE and FOX are very keen on making AEW look as inferior as possible, as soon as possible.
It was reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that FOX will be testing out two new cameras for the show’s debut. FOX is also looking to invite a lot of celebrities along to watch and give the show the feel of a major event, which is part of the reason that it’s being held in Los Angeles.
The idea is that this will make SmackDown seem like a major league show, and thereby hopefully making whatever AEW puts out look minor league.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- NXT Star Makes Main Roster Debut
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show