A former WWE name has revealed what happened when Vince McMahon orchestrated a prank on a former WWE champion.
Speaking on the Wrestling With Freddie podcast, former WWE writer Freddie Prinze Jr set the scene, saying:
“This was a rib that (Vince McMahon) just pulled on live TV on Big Show.”
“The chair Big Show was going to sit in when he was gonna read a Santa Claus story because that’s good TV, was gonna break when he sat in it.”
Prinze Jr couldn’t see the humor of the situation, explaining:
“I was just like, ‘Oh, Jesus.’ He’s [Vince] like, ‘And you better not frigging tell him!’
“I was like, ‘What am I gonna hear, man?’
“Every creative bone in my body hates this.
“Every ounce of morality I have hates this.
“But that’s my boss, like, what am I going to do?””
In the end, Prinze Jr let his morality win his internal argument, informing Big Show of the planned prank.
Big Show would reassure Prinze Jr that he didn’t care and would “play it off” during the skit which saw him come to the ring dressed as Santa along with Rosa Mendes and Hornswoggle.
Big Show sat on the seat which did break and allowed ‘The World’s Largest Santa‘ to turn it into a comedy moment.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Backstage Issues In AEW Potentially Led To William Regal’s WWE Return
- Triple H Was ‘Very Unhappy’ With Popular Star’s WWE Release
- AEW Star Speaks Out On William Regal Departure
- Top WWE Star Misses Working With Kenny Omega
- Sami Zayn Explains How Real-Life Friendship With The Usos Influenced WWE Bloodline Storyline
- Barry Windham Suffers Heart Attack, Currently In ICU
- Here’s What Triple H ‘Almost Never Mentioned’ In Creative Meetings
- New Changes, Additions & Plans For WWE 2K23 Potentially Revealed
- Huge Tease For The Rock Vs Roman Reigns At WrestleMania 39
- Sami Zayn Names AEW Stars He Wants To Face