A former WWE name has criticized an AEW storyline as “the most ridiculous storyline” and has stated his happiness that it’s over.
Speaking on the Wrestling With Freddie podcast, Freddie Prinze Jr was critical of the story between Nyla Rose and Jade Cargill, saying:
“I’m very excited to see this stupid, ridiculous storyline between Nyla Rose and Jade Cargill finally get squashed and put to bed.”
Having stolen the TBS Championship belt from Jade Cargill at AEW Battle of the Belts on October 7 2022, Nyla Rose would take time to flaunt her possession on television and social media.
Freddie Prinze Jr’s criticism of the story continued, with the former WWE writer stating:
“In what world of combat sports would one fighter be able to steal the title of another one and not have to give it back.
“This is the most ridiculous storyline.”
Tony Khan had previously tweeted about the situation between Cargill and Rose, saying that it had necessitated the use of “a replica belt” during a photoshoot.
This differs from the approach Prinze Jr would have taken had he been writing the story, with the idea that Cargill would have forced Khan’s hand to get the belt back where it belongs.
Transcript from SEScoops.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Recently Departed WWE Name Signs With AEW
- Liv Morgan Throws Shade At Former WWE Star Following Nickname Controversy?
- AEW Star Turns Babyface
- Triple H Reveals Reaction To Cody Rhodes ‘Smashing The Throne’ In AEW
- Current AEW Champion Out Due To Visa Issues
- WWE Star Never Wrestling Full-Time Again
- WWE Name Expected To Join AEW Because Of Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone
- Upcoming AEW Show To Go Head-To-Head With WWE WrestleMania 40
- CM Punk Injury Referenced By AEW Star On Dynamite
- WWE Interested In Working With Major Celebrity For WrestleMania 40