A former WWE name has criticized an AEW storyline as “the most ridiculous storyline” and has stated his happiness that it’s over.
Speaking on the Wrestling With Freddie podcast, Freddie Prinze Jr was critical of the story between Nyla Rose and Jade Cargill, saying:
“I’m very excited to see this stupid, ridiculous storyline between Nyla Rose and Jade Cargill finally get squashed and put to bed.”
Having stolen the TBS Championship belt from Jade Cargill at AEW Battle of the Belts on October 7 2022, Nyla Rose would take time to flaunt her possession on television and social media.
Freddie Prinze Jr’s criticism of the story continued, with the former WWE writer stating:
“In what world of combat sports would one fighter be able to steal the title of another one and not have to give it back.
“This is the most ridiculous storyline.”
Tony Khan had previously tweeted about the situation between Cargill and Rose, saying that it had necessitated the use of “a replica belt” during a photoshoot.
This differs from the approach Prinze Jr would have taken had he been writing the story, with the idea that Cargill would have forced Khan’s hand to get the belt back where it belongs.
Transcript from SEScoops.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- WWE Star Takes Another Shot At Kenny Omega
- Sami Zayn & Kenny Omega Continue Twitter Back And Forth
- Former WWE World Champion Set For Title Match At NXT Deadline
- Tony Khan Reveals Real Reason William Regal Wanted WWE Return
- Audible Called For Recent WWE Title Match To Finish Early
- AEW Star Believes Recent Backlash Wouldn’t Happen If She Was A Man
- Another WWE Star Undergoing Huge Character Change?
- New Bloodline Member Joins Booker T’s Training School
- AEW’s Jim Ross Addresses William Regal’s Apparent Departure