An update has emerged on the statuses of Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler of FTR, following their AEW return at Revolution 2023.
At the March 5 pay-per-view, the the duo made their surprise comeback to attack AEW Tag Team Champions The Gunns, with the segment ending with FTR holding up the title belts.
Both competitors had previously been on a hiatus, ahead of their AEW deals supposedly expiring in April, at least according to what Dax Harwood had said.
Per PWInsider, the belief is that both Harwood and Wheeler are locked into ‘long-term’ contracts with AEW.
It was also noted that teases surrounding their potential AEW departures were just a storyline cover.
PWInsider clarified they didn’t report FTR had signed “new” deals, so it seems the April thing was just for the purpose of the storyline.
Harwood and Wheeler both took to Twitter to react to their returns, with Harwood tweeting:
“We ain’t done yet.”
Cash Wheeler let fans know that the feeling was mutual, tweeting:
“Missed y’all too.”
According to Fightful Select (subscription required), FTR’s return was kept ‘very quiet‘ backstage, ahead of the angle during the pay-per-view.
A spoiler has emerged on plans for FTR following the big return, which you can read more about right here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- Revealed: Will Vince McMahon Be At WrestleMania 39
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Shock Return & Heel Turn On AEW Dynamite
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- AEW All Access Reveals Young Bucks Considered Retirement After All Out
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39