FTR claim they wanted to pay tribute to Bret Hart and Owen Hart without overdoing their spots in their first time ever matchup.
Appearing on Sirius XM’s Busted Open Radio, Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler discussed their Owen Hart Foundation Men’s Tournament Qualifier Match.
Many fans noticed and pointed out the tributes to Owen and Bret, but FTR didn’t want to spam the moves too much.
“That’s one thing we wanted to do, was to not overdo it. If you look back at it, the only two things we really did was, I teased the foot scrape like Owen did to Bret, that was directly an homage to that match, and the victory roll reversal. Everything after that, he missed the diving headbutt, he took the sternum buckle, but we didn’t want to spam it with taking stuff from them, but we did want to pay respects to the fact that it is the Owen Hart tournament and we took a lot of pride in that.”
Dax Harwood was victorious in their showdown with the two tag team partners and best friends embracing afterwards. He will move on to the tournament that will kick off on the May 11 episode of AEW Dynamite.
The qualifying matches will continue tonight on AEW Dynamite with two contests announced, which you can read here.
Quotes via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania