Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler of FTR have explained how their announced one-on-one Owen Hart Foundation Tournament qualifier came to be.
On Wednesday’s episode of Dynamite, the AAA and ROH Tag Team Champions will face off for a spot in the inaugural tournament.
Speaking on the Wresting Perspective Podcast, Harwood & Wheeler revealed that they pushed hard for this match, noting that it was completely their idea.
Believing that this is the perfect reason for them to do battle with one another, the duo said:
Wheeler: “That was our idea, totally. We had to fight for it, but that was completely our idea.
Harwood: “We’ve always wanted to have a match, but we didn’t just want to have a match just to have a match. There had to be a reason. This is the perfect reason to do it. The Hart Family means a lot to both of us, personally and professionally. So being able to show respect to Owen Hart and his whole family, what better way to do it than allowing the two biggest Hart Family fans in the world to compete.
Following reports that WWE was interested in re-signing FTR, Harwood & Wheeler addressed speculation that they plan to return to WWE after their current AEW deals expire, which you can read more about right here.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
- Photo: Matt Riddle Shows Off New Look Amid WWE Return Rumors
- WWE Star Confirms Departure From The Company?
- WWE Star Urges Fans To Stop Complaining, Says He’s ‘Content’ With ‘Silly’ Gimmick
- Real Reason For ‘Last Minute’ Change To Ronda Rousey Title Plans
- Top WWE Raw Star To Make NXT Return On February 7 Episode
- Top Star Compares WWE To Succession TV Series
- Backstage Reaction To AEW House Shows
- Booker T Calls Current Star’s Performance “Oscar-Worthy”
- PHOTOS: WWE Star Gets Stitches After Accidental Face Injury
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Breaks Character To Cosplay As Danhausen On Jericho Cruise