You know when you’re a kid and you get bored of a toy, but then your sibling starts playing with the toy, so then you suddenly really want to start playing with it again? Well, imagine you’re Vince McMahon and the toy is ROH and AAA Tag Team Champions FTR.
Fightful Select reported yesterday that there was internal interest from WWE in bringing back FTR, who were known as the Revival during their spell in Vince’s promotion, which saw them hold NXT and main roster tag championships five times.
Their current AEW deals were thought to be expiring in the summer, but Fightful noted there was a one-year extension option available to AEW.
Thankfully for fans of FTR and their work in AEW, it seems the team isn’t going anywhere soon, as AEW themselves reached out to Fightful to inform them FTR still have another year on their deals in addition to the one-year extension option.
Many fans expect FTR to have a run with the AEW Tag Team Championship soon, especially after winning the AAA and ROH tag titles in recent months.
FTR are two of many former WWE stars to join AEW. You can check out every WWE release of 2022 right here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins