New Japan Pro Wrestling’s next major event, Sakura Genesis, is set for April 4, 2021. Now, the full card has been announced for the show following the events of the New Japan Cup.
The main event was set in stone when Will Ospreay defeated Shingo Takagi to win the New Japan Cup. He will face IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Kota Ibushi in the main event. If he was to win this would be his first heavyweight title win in New Japan.
YOH will also be making his return as he will once again team with Roppongi 3K partner SHO. The two will challenge El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship.
The final piece of intriguing news is the announcement that the Empire will introduce a new member. Jeff Cobb and Great O-Khan will team with a new member to face Los Ingobernables de Japon.
Here is the full announced card for Sakura Genesis:
- IWGP World Heavyweight Championship Match – Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Will Ospreay
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match – Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado (c) vs. Roppongi 3K
- Satoshi Kojima & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Jay White & Bad Luck Fale
- Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi & SANADA vs. Jeff Cobb, Great O-Khan & TBA
- Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI vs. EVIL, KENTA, Taiji Ishimori, Yujiro Takahashi & Dick Togo
- TAICHI, Zack Sabre Jr. & DOUKI vs. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Jado
- Scrapped Pitch For Sting AEW Retirement Revealed
- Bayley Reacts To Dakota Kai & Damage CTRL WWE Betrayal
- Potential WWE Signing Recalls Conversations With Shawn Michaels
- AEW Star Contract Expiry Update
- WWE Star Praises AEW’s Sting For Going Out On His Own Terms
- AEW Star Set For Return Match Against Brother
- Details On WWE Star’s Role In Upcoming Movie
- Cody Rhodes Sends Message To Sting Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement
- Former AEW Star’s WWE Return Match Announced
- Sting’s Son Shares Emotional Message Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement Match