Future plans for current AEW TNT Champion Miro have been revealed, with him defending the title against Fuego Del Sol on Rampage this Friday.
This story will contain spoilers for Rampage, so do be aware of that before you continue reading.
In a match that was taped last night after Dynamite but will air this Friday, Miro retained the TNT Championship over Fuego in a bout that, if Fuego lost, which he did, he’d lose his brand new car.
Miro has already retained the title over Fuego once before, which was on the debut episode of Rampage on August 13, after which Fuego was given his AEW contract.
Dave Meltzer stated on Wrestling Observer Radio that the plan is for Miro to defend the TNT Championship against Sammy Guevara soon, and this is building to that.
Guevara was the man who handed Fuego his contract in the ring when he was signed, and they were in the segment together on Dynamite when Fuego made the challenge to Miro for the match this coming Friday.
Fuego first became a popular figure amongst AEW fans through his appearances on Guevara’s YouTube vlogs.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?
- HBO Show References Roman Reigns Possibly Joining AEW
- Shock Former NXT Star Was Planned To Join Judgment Day
- ‘Nobody Has Any Idea’ Why Vince McMahon Changed Confusing Money In The Bank Advert
- WWE Raw No Longer Categorized As An ‘Entertainment Show’
- WWE Planning To Build More Performance Centers Around The World
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Suspended By WWE, Women’s Tag Team Championship Vacated
- Stephanie McMahon Leave From WWE ‘Been Brewing For Quite A While’