AEW star Jake Hager has picked up some publicity following an interaction with Olympic Gold Medalist wrestler Gable Steveson.
Hager, who is also a Bellator MMA fighter, took to Twitter to claim that Steveson wouldn’t be able to take him down. This is how the interaction went:
Hager: I bet $20,000 that @GableSteveson could not take me down. Any Takers?
Steveson: If u wanna lose 20k in 5 seconds then let’s go
Hager: Well Someone has to pay the taxes for your Gold . Would you like Houston, Chicago or New York? #AEWDynamite
Steveson: Never heard of u, but dm for my address
Steveson has expressed a lot of interest recently in joining WWE and said he’ll be attending the SummerSlam pay-per-view on August 21.
Even though Hager got roasted a bit, the interaction did at least get him a bit of attention, so that’s a positive way to look at it from his point of view.
Interest is bound to be high in Gable Steveson in the worlds of both pro-wrestling and MMA, which is something he seems to be aware of and is having some fun with.
- Huge News On Stone Cold Steve Austin Plans For WrestleMania 39
- Backstage Reaction To Hardy Royal Rumble Performance
- Former WWE Star Signs With IMPACT Wrestling
- Confusion Surrounding Nia Jax’s WWE Roster Status After Royal Rumble
- Triple H Ribbed WWE Star At Royal Rumble
- Big Spoiler For Another UK WWE PLE?
- Cody Rhodes Accused Of ‘Sucking Up’ To Tony Khan
- AEW Star Calls Out WWE For Management ‘War’, ‘Playing’ With Wrestlers’ Careers
- Sami Zayn Makes Bold Statement On Twitter After Bloodline Betrayal At Royal Rumble
- Dustin Rhodes Shares Message For Cody Rhodes Ahead Of WrestleMania 39