Gable Steveson has taken to social media to hint that he’s signed a contract, following WWE showing interest in the Olympic gold medallist.
Even before he won gold during the Tokyo 2020 Olympic freestyle wrestling, WWE were keeping a close eye on Gable Steveson. Along with fellow Olypic gold medal winner Tamyra Mensah-Stock, Steveson made an appearance at SummerSlam on August 21.
On Twitter, Steveson revealed that he’s in the process of securing a new deal, tweeting:
“Just put the pen to paper…”
Steveson previously stated that Vince McMahon had personally contacted him about a potential WWE run. Steveson is currently a popular guy, with the likes of the UFC and the Minnesota Vikings also showing interest in the champion.
Steveson’s brother, Bobby Steveson, was announced as part of the latest class of WWE Performance Center signees, along with Joseph Fatu, brother of The Usos.
Stay tuned to WrestleTalk for any updates on Steveson’s status.
- Ex-WWE Star Edge (Adam Copeland) Joins AEW At WrestleDream 2023
- Jon Moxley Fined By AEW
- WWE Backstage Reaction To Edge (Adam Copeland) Departure & AEW Debut
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Explains Why He Left WWE To Join AEW
- Christian Cage Comments On Edge (Adam Copeland) Joining AEW
- Injured AEW Star Removed From Match At WrestleDream 2023
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Expected To ‘Fill The Gap’ CM Punk Left In AEW?
- Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Debut Match Opponent & Date Announced
- MJF Addresses Jay White AEW Attack Rumors
- WWE Raw Match Cancelled Due To Top Star Not Being Cleared