NJPW’s Gabriel Kidd has called out several stars, including AEW’s FTR and Cody Rhodes.
Speaking with Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful, Kidd noted that he’s willing to open whatever door to share the ring with Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler. Interested in fighting the former AEW Tag Team Champions, Kidd said:
“Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler, I’ll say their names right now. They are my kind of wrestlers. I’ll say this, I respect them both very much for the path they have taken and the wrestling style that they show the world and have highlighted.
“But I am in that same category. So if you want to fight me, let’s fucking go. I’m here. What’s up? I’ll open whatever door I have to do to make that happen. That’s all I need to say about it. We can talk in person. I ain’t bothered.”
Gabriel Kidd noted that he’s open to wrestling anyone in AEW, recalling his pinfall victory over Cody Rhodes at WCPW No Regrets 2017. Believing more companies should work together, Kidd said:
“Well, I’ll just tell you right now, I don’t know what plans are or anything like that. I’m not in the loop with anything like that. I get told where I’m going. But I’ll walk into AEW and slap any one of them. I do not care. I’ve beat Cody Rhodes. People don’t know that. In 2017 when I just turned 20, when I was a tubby little kid, I pinned Cody Rhodes.
“I’m about this and I’ll go anywhere. I saw that about Jay White. I don’t like Jay White. If he wants to say something about me, I’ll slap him, too. But, listen, him going there, he’s a top guy in our company and I’m aware of that and if you’re not aware of that because you have a little bit of beef with him, you’re an idiot. But he’s a top guy in our company.
“Him going there puts more eyes on us, puts more eyes on AEW, it puts more eyes on everyone. It puts more eyes on professional wrestling and that’s what we’re here for. That’s why we all go to work together and shit ‘cause we love professional wrestling. I was glad to see that. He can do his business, but just as soon as you get involved with me, then we have a problem.”
AEW and NJPW most recently opened the forbidden door for Jay White, who appeared on Dynamite and Rampage last week, and is set to make his in-ring debut for the promotion during Wednesday’s tapings.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism