Goldberg has heaped praise on Big E, believing that the former WWE Champion is the prototype for a modern wrestling superstar.
Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Goldberg recalled meeting Big E as a kid at a signing, noting that he considers it an honour that the powerhouse was one of his fans.
Proud of Big E for his work and passion, Goldberg said:
“I’m a huge fan of Big E, both personally and professionally. It was wonderful to see him as champion. I know he lost the belt, but it’s only going to be a bump in the road. I feel like I’m old enough to be his grandfather. I’m extremely proud of him. I first met Big E when he was a kid at one of my signings. For him to be a fan of mine throughout the years, it’s an honour and a privilege.
“Now, I am a fan of his. I love his work, I love his enthusiasm, I love his passion. To me, he’s the prototype for a wrestling superstar in 2022.”
Big E has previously spoken highly of Goldberg, revealing that he pushed to work with the former WCW star at Crown Jewel 2021.
Despite being the prototype for a star in 2022 in Goldberg’s eyes, Big E lost the WWE Championship less than a full day into the new year, with Brock Lesnar pinning him for the gold at WWE Day 1.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Another WWE Star Qualifies For Money In The Bank Ladder Match
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?