WWE Hall of Famer Goldberg has addressed his loss to Roman Reigns at Elimination Chamber 2022, teasing a rematch.
At the February Premium Live Event, Goldberg challenged for Reigns’ Universal Championship, in the lead-up to Reigns and Lesnar’s WWE vs Universal Title Winner Takes All bout at WrestleMania 38.
Reigns ultimately defeated Goldberg convincingly, pinning the wrestling veteran in just six minutes.
In an interview with Bleacher Report, Goldberg pointed out that his bout with Reigns was hinted at on many occasions before February 2022.
When asked if he’d be happy with that bout being his final match, Goldberg said:
“Hell no! As Goldberg, absolutely not. It was great business, but it’s not how I want to go out.
“It doesn’t eat at me by any stretch of the imagination, but it eats at me, 100 percent. Roman and I were on a collision course for a long period of time. It never happened when it would have been the best, but to say anyone that beats me doesn’t deserve to have their ass kicked afterward, I’d be a liar if I said anything other than that.”
Goldberg recently noted that he’ll be ready if WWE ever decides to give him another call.
Reigns is slated to defend his Undisputed WWE Universal Championship against Brock Lesnar in a Last Man Standing bout at SummerSlam.
Check out the announced card for the upcoming Premium Live Event right here.
- Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite & Star Sent Home
- Big Match Scrapped From October 7 AEW Rampage
- Wrestling World Reacts To Alleged Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite
- Update On Investigation Into AEW All Out Backstage Fight
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- AEW Star Has Very Awkward Encounter With CM Punk T-Shirt
- Former WWE Star Announced For Mayweather Vs. Deji Undercard
- Saraya Gets Physical For First Time In Four Years On AEW Dynamite
- Sammy Guevara AEW Dynamite Status Update Following Backstage Altercation